Have a query? Call our experts on 01 2952111
This privacy statement sets out how Silver Cross.ie will store and use information relating to you. This applies to the entire web site. Any changes to these policies will be posted here. Silver Cross.ie is the website of David Lowe & Co. Ltd..
Silver Cross is committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our web site so that, in general, you can visit the website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Silver Cross is committed to protecting your privacy. We have taken all the essential measures to make sure that any information you give us remains private and secure and that your registration information is processed with total confidentiality.
When you access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Furthermore, as required by the Irish Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
What we collect and what we do with the information we gather
We collect some personal information from you to help understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- When you register with us to receive our newsletter or details of offers or new products we will collect your name and e-mail address. If you don't want to receive a newsletter, or any further promotions from Silver Cross simply un-tick the boxes in the 'Marketing preferences' area of the 'Basic Details' part of the 'Your Account' page (found in ‘Your Silver Cross’ after you have logged in.
- We use the information for internal record keeping purposes as well as to analyse and improve the user experiences of the silvercross.ie website. e.g. One of our representatives may follow up with you either by e-mail, phone or mail, as part of our customer care procedure.
- If you register for a brochure request, online purchase or to enter a competition we will collect your name and email address as well as your postal address and at least one telephone number as these details are required for us to manage the service you have registered for (e.g. posting a brochure, contacting you if you win a competition prize). You will also be included on our email newsletter list but will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from this list on every email communication we send you for promotional purposes.
- To send promotional email about new products, special offers and services or other information from Silver Cross using the e-mail address which you have provided unless you have asked us not to do so by unsusbcribing from a previous email.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone or mail for this.
Who we share the information with and your choices
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries and parent company or our successor in business unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing agents who will be sending information to you on our behalf, unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or e-mailing our Data Protection Compliance Officer at the address below.
What if you think we have incorrect information or you would like a copy of the information we hold about you?
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please telephone us, write to address below, send an e-mail. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act (Amendment) Act 2003. A small fee will be payable. This fee will not exceed €10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write or email our Data Protection Compliance Officer at the address below.
The Data Protection Compliance Officer
David Lowe & Co. Ltd.,
Unit 79/80 Furze Road,
Sandyford Business Estate,